“Intelligent information system supporting observation, searching and detection for security of citizens in urban environment”
This project sounds like it could be Echelon on steroids.. Is it only me that this level of intrusion strikes fear into?
Intelligent information system supporting observation, searching and detection for security of citizens in urban environment. The main objectives of the INDECT project are:
- to develop a platform for: the registration and exchange of operational data, acquisition of multimedia content, intelligent processing of all information and automatic detection of threats and recognition of abnormal behaviour or violence,
- to develop the prototype of an integrated, network-centric system supporting the operational activities of police officers, providing techniques and tools for observation of various mobile objects,
- to develop a new type of search engine combining direct search of images and video based on watermarked contents, and the storage of metadata in the form of digital watermarks,
The main expected results of the INDECT project are:
- to realise a trial installation of the monitoring and surveillance system in various points of city agglomeration and demonstration of the prototype of the system with 15 node stations,
- implementation of a distributed computer system that is capable of acquisition, storage and effective sharing on demand of the data as well as intelligent processing,
- construction of a family of prototypes of devices used for mobile object tracking,
- construction of a search engine for fast detection of persons and documents based on watermarking technology and utilising comprehensive research on watermarking technology used for semantic search,
- construction of agents assigned to continuous and automatic monitoring of public resources such as: web sites, discussion forums, UseNet groups, file servers, p2p networks as well as individual computer systems,
- elaboration of Internet based intelligence gathering system, both active and passive, and demonstrating its efficiency in a measurable way.
You can grab the key deliverables from my offsite storage before they get removed from the public forum: Deliverable 4.1 XML Data Corpus: Report on methodology for collection, cleaning and unified representation of large textual data from various sources: news reports, weblogs, chat. (backup file available here)